MICROBE-LIFT AUTUMN WINTER PREP
Special biological water treatment for fall and winter
Water treatment at cold temperatures
You lay the foundation of a healthy pond in the spring, already in the fall. A pond in the fall and winter period does not need much maintenance, but it is important to keep your pond water in balance. By applying Microbe-Lift Autumn Winter Prep you strengthen the natural bacterial household in your pond. This already gives your pond a head start in the autumn and winter on a healthy pond balance in the spring.
Biological maintenance in addition to net and skimmer
Autumn is traditionally the time when leaves fall from aquatic plants and trees and end up in the pond, sink to the bottom and rot. You can remove a lot of this type of organic waste with a landing net or skimmer. But because you cannot catch everything, a layer of sludge often forms on the bottom. This provides food in the spring for algae in particular. To prevent this, use Microbe-Lift Autumn Winter Prep. This special formula also accelerates the breakdown of leaves, sediment and other organic material at colder water temperatures (less than 12 degrees Celsius).
Benefits of AUTUMN WINTER PREP
- Ensures constant biological activity, even in water temperatures below 12 ° C
- Gives your pond a head start on a healthy natural balance in the spring
- Supports a healthy immune system for your fish during the winter months
- Accelerates the breakdown of dead leaves and other organic sediment throughout the winter
- Contains bacteria that are resistant to the cold
- If frozen, the bacteria remain effective after thawing
- Works in dark conditions, including under ice and snow
Other tips for fall and winter:
- Leave your pond pump and pond filter on during the autumn and winter period. This way you keep the important bacteria that are in your filter and pond active.
- If you have an air pump, use it during the cold periods to keep your pond ice-free and keep your pond water moving.
- Covering your pond with a net largely prevents leaves from falling into your pond and rotting on the bottom.
How do Microbe-Lift Autum Winter Prep water treatment products work?
Microbe-Lift Autumn Winter Prep works in two parts. The package contains a bottle with liquid bacteria. In addition, the package contains soluble bags with a mix of cellulase enzymes, cellulase-producing bacteria and cold-resistant bacteria. The cellulase enzymes, along with the cellulase-producing bacteria, are the key to accelerating leaf breakdown, organic sediment and sludge throughout the winter. The cold-resistant bacteria and liquid bacteria cause the breakdown of the by-products.
Dosage: On the label of the Autumn Winter Prep water treatment products you can easily see the amount that you need to add.
Prevent algae in the pond through timely maintenance
A pond where too little maintenance has been done in the autumn is more likely to deal with algae in the spring. Acidification in the water, for example, makes floating algae more likely to develop. It is therefore better to prevent the problem by using biological water treatment products in the fall and winter than to solve the problem in the spring.
Do you want to add Microbe-Lift products to your assortment? Contact us directly!
SIBO Fluidra Netherlands B.V.
5465 TC Veghel (NL)
T +31 (0)413 – 29 39 18